- For connecting Argo Navis™ to a RS-232 serial COM port on a PC or to a USB to Serial adapter
or to a Bluetooth to serial adapter, such as the Simulation Curriculum SkyBT,
or to a WiFi to serial adapter, such as the Simulation Curriculum SkyFi.
- Custom DB-9 to RJ-11 connectors with high quality cable.
- 2.6m in length.
- Custom lengths and connector convertors available upon request available.
- High quality. Fully tested.
- 1 year limited warranty.
- Can be optionally used in conjunction with pn-usb USB Serial Adapter which is sold separately.
Argo Navis™ is a completely standalone Digital Telescope Computer.
However, it is fitted with independent dual RS-232 compatible serial
communications ports for communication with a PC, Mac, notebook, smartphone or tablet.
Some of the uses of the serial communications ports are -
- To perform firmware upgrades of your Argo Navis™ from your PC, Mac or notebook.
These firmware upgrades are provided by Wildcard Innovations for free.
- To download the most recent orbital elements of asteroids,
using either the Argonaut™, Argoload or catload™ software utilities
or third party utilities such as Astroplanner™, Deepsky™ and SkyTools™.
- To load up to 1100 of your own user defined objects including your own comments and observing notes using either the Argonaut™, Argoload or catload software utilities
or third party utilities such as Astroplanner™ and SkyTools™. When you have finished using those 1100 objects you can erase them and load new ones.
To interface with all known popular star charting, planning & ephemeris programs such as STAR Atlas:PRO™, Astroplanner™, Deepsky™,
KStars™, The Sky™, SkyMap Pro™, Starry Night Pro™,
Cartes du Ciel™, SkyTools™, MegaStar™, SkySafari™, Stellarium™ or Xephem™, etc.
for telescope cursor control. Also works with all ASCOM compliant planetarium programs.
- Can be interfaced to USB Serial Adapters such as the Tripp Lite Keyspan USA-19HS.
- Can be interfaced to third party serial to WiFi adapters such as the Simulation Curriculum SkyFi.
which then allows interfacing to third party apps such as Sky Safari™ running on an iPhone™ or iPad™.
- Can be interfaced to third party serial to Bluetooth adapters such as the Simulation Curriculum SkyBT
which then allows interfacing to third party apps such as Sky Safari™ running on an Android™ smartphone or tablet.
The Serial Port Communications Cable brings about the above benefits and is a "must-have" option!